tom collins is one of the most famous gin cocktails, based on lemon juice and gin. it is believed to have originated with a waiter of that name who worked at limmer’s old house , which was a popular london hotel and coffee house around 1790–1817. nonetheless, the first recipe appeared in the 1876 and was made with old tom, a lightly sweetened gin popular at that time. the result was great and vastly became a success all over the world. now, imagine that with the italian lemon liqueur limoncello – perfect for a summer evening.
- 50ml chilled limoncello
- 25ml gin
- 15ml fresh lemon juice
- 8 paper–thin lemon slices
- mint sprigs
- soda/tonic water
- in a shaker, combine the limoncello, gin and lemon juice;
- press 3 thin lemon slices against the inside of each collins glasses.
- add ice to the glasses;
- stir the limoncello mixture and pour it into the glasses;
- stir soda into each drink and garnish with a mint sprig.
glass: tom collins
– limoncello collins